Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Proposal

It couldn't have been more perfect.

Jeff and I were with a couple friends from Pleasanton (Jon and Angelica) playing in Vegas for the weekend. On Saturday night we got up from our nap and decided to go ride the rides on top of the Stratosphere. Only Insanity (the one that spins around out over the edge) and XScream (the one that shoots over the edge) were open. I HATE heights so I've never been able to do all the rides because I am usually hyperventalating after the first ride. But Jeff made me do both!!!

After the rides I was completely overwhelmed...sweaty palms and feet. The hyperventalating happened mid-ride on the second ride and everyone laughed at me. Jeff suggested we go inside and look at the lights on the Strip. We walked around and I sat down on the bench because I was tired. I noticed Jon and Gel acting really weird and could see in the reflection of the glass that they were trying to take a picture of the back of me. I swung around and gave some smart remark...danced a little...and made them take a picture of me and Angelica. (Video soon to be posted).

When I turned back around this is what I saw.



I heard him say..."Will you marry me?" And before I saw the ring, the only thing in my mind was if this was a joke its TOTALLY NOT FUNNY. When he opened the box I screamed/squealed.


I'm not exactly sure what noise came out of me at that point but it was definitely a good noise. I immediately started to cry. I got up and hugged him and put on the ring.

We hugged and kissed and took tons of pictures. Jon and Gel left us alone for a few minutes and as we started to walk away...I looked at Jeff and said, "I didn't say anything huh?" He just still looked nervous and shook his head as a No. I turned around and jumped into his arms and said (or rather yelled), "YES, of course I'll marry you!!!"

And we lived happily ever after.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love it. I am glad that you didn't know what was going on, and were surprised, and by the way, your ring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It's so like him to freak you out on a ride and then propose! No low key romance for Jeff! Congratulations, I am so happy for you and excited to hear all the wedding plans and come out to Utah for it! Beautiful ring and I can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, that is so mean he made you go on those rides, i hate them too!! Congrats, that is so exciting, love your ring, can't wait to hear future details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeeeeee! Phil and I read this post together:) We are SO happy and excited for both of you!! You have to enjoy every minute of bridal bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so happy for you guys!! this is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you. It sounds like it was the perfect day even though he made you go on the rides. Tell Jeff he did a great job. By the way I love the ring

    ReplyDelete