Friday night, Jeff and I decided we better go pick out the tuxedos and get him fitted. Our colors are black and gold so we chose black tux's of course...but then we had to decide tails or no tails, one, two or three buttons, peaked or squared. And of course Jeff's answer was always..."I don't care" or "I don't know." We finally narrowed it down and picked out the perfect vests for the groomsmen and the dads. Bowties were Jeff's choice. And when he tried on the whole outfit...oh my gosh!!! He looked so handsome. I literally almost cried. Oh I love him so much!
Saturday started out early because we had to go up to Magleby's for our tasting with the baker. (She keeps ridiculous hours...something like 4 am to 12pm). She had 8 cake choices for us...white, yellow, chocolate, marble, apple spice, carrot, red velvet, and lemon. Then there were 5 bowls of fluffy goodness - white chocolate mousse, chocolate mouse, chocolate frosting, cream cheese mousse, and cream cheese frosting. A sugar coma shortly ensued!
We tried everything twice until we finally decided on two different things. A three layer cake - the top layer is white cake with white chocolate mousse. The middle layer is red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. The bottom layer is white cake with chocolate mousse. It is going to be beautiful. White (non-fondant) frosting dusted with Gold-sugar dust and snowflakes sticking out all over. Kinda like this one. Yay.

The next adventure was picking the items for the dessert bar. I felt like if we had too many desserts no one would want to eat the cake! We decided on three (mini-samples) of the desserts - a crepe station, Magleby's chocolate cake, and cheesecake. And then to add a hot chocolate bar with caramel, peppermint sticks, marshmellows, etc.

Oh my gosh it makes me hungry just thinking about it!!! 25 days left!
No comments:
Post a Comment