Sunday, May 10, 2009 was Mother's Day #4.
For me, it feels like Birthmothers Awareness Day. I'm happy to celebrate with my family and honor all of our great mothers, but at the same time, my mind flickers back to the piece of my heart that is tucked away in Illinois.
As I sat on the floor of my closet last night, looking through the pages of pictures that I have pasted to pretty paper, I tried to remember all the details of baby Mia. What she smelled like, how her little fingers and toes got all curled up when she was cold, and her little cooing cry.
4 years ago tomorrow I saw my first picture of her. Her little skeleton staring right at the sonogram camera. How strange it all was; how scary it all was.
Mother's Day #4 wasn't bittersweet this year. Mother's Day #4 was lovely.
First Week of May
11 years ago
Welcome to the blogging world! I love it! Now I can see what you are up to these days...since I don't seem to get out much! Will you kids be at the car show at Thanksgiving Point tomorrow?
ReplyDelete